- The latest JFK assassination books reviewed in @TheTLS. Same verdict as before. http://t.co/4Sa18YmVvo 48 minutes ago
- MT @theretronaut: George Harrison’s fish-eye selfies, India, 1966. buff.ly/1lIVjE8 http://t.co/7IzcjGbZln 2 hours ago
- Simple but beautiful. The @HadenTriplets sing country: npr.org/event/music/29… via @nprmusic 11 hours ago
- Michael Lewis on Wall St: "I am ever more dubious that people who make lots of money are doing something useful." clivedavis.net/2014/04/24/on-… 12 hours ago
- @sueblagden @Adamcbegley Thanks, I will. Was just reading @Nicklezard's review in the Evening Standard, funnily enough 12 hours ago
- @jonregen Ha! I wish! 13 hours ago
- RT @herdyshepherd1: Not a bad place to be born http://t.co/CZ8unR9act 13 hours ago
- Feel v stupid. Can't even work out how to hit the Follow button on the new Twitter profiles. 13 hours ago
- @girlfridayjazz @curtisstigers Yes, would be great to see you. Hope to be there the first night. Thanks, Mr S! 13 hours ago
Monthly Archives: July 2012
It’s safe to say that Nona Hendryx — best remembered from her Labelle days — isn’t a card-carrying member of the Tea Party. Here’s the opening salvo from her new album, out in September. Ry Cooder is on the … Continue reading
Although I’ve dished out an occasional zero-star rating, I’ve never thought of making it a life sentence. Chris Brown, a figure of some notoriety, shall we say, receives the ultimate bad review: No Stars Ever.
If things had worked out, Lorenza Munoz — born in Mexico but raised in the US — might have become an Olympian. Dual loyalties got in the way: By the time I was 12, I landed a spot on a … Continue reading
Although it’s a long time since he came face-to-face with glamorous Mary Tamm, the ever-readable Ethan Iverson still takes the Time Lord very seriously. He even pays regular visits to the Tardis Eruditorum.
Trumpeter Wynton Marsalis joins a posse of musicians at the London memorial service for the young American expat Abram Wilson, who died of cancer last month. Sebastian Scotney has video of the procession. (Thanks to Alex Webb for the photo.)
Do we have to call them Boris Bikes? As I don’t want to be part of the Mayor’s prime ministerial election campaign, I really wish there was a better name. Anyway, I finally had my first outings on London’s rent-a-ride … Continue reading
Five friends in a photo, getting older and older: “We plan on doing this for the rest of our lives, no matter what,” said Dickson. “Up until there’s one guy just sitting in the same pose! Even then, maybe someone … Continue reading
Not (yet) a replacement for the Euro… A banknote dealer’s shop window, West End.
“The problem with Burkean conservatives is there are not enough of us and not enough rich ones…” From a must-read article in The American Conservative on “Obamacons”, dissident Republicans who couldn’t bring themselves to vote GOP in 2008. Where will … Continue reading