- RT @ABroadBrush: Not really worried... #Procida #BayofNaples #dog 2007 http://t.co/HD0nQLHFBg 1 hour ago
- Just through the letterbox: @GeorgeProchnik's Stefan Zweig biography, out from @otherpress in May. Looks promising. http://t.co/vn31Jgty5I 1 hour ago
- Art appreciation for beginners! HT @jamescrabtree buff.ly/1fNOlZm http://t.co/Lc0Jsm2i7O 2 hours ago
- RT @Independent: RIP Bob Crow ind.pn/1kJhP2E (via @CoventGdnTube) http://t.co/eAmL6uWVVl 3 hours ago
- Anglo-American misunderstandings: @JustinOnWeb on London, Putin, the Shard & that notorious NYT op-ed. @thetimes http://t.co/1rH0oKgU1E 6 hours ago
- Superb opening night by Cape Verde's @MusicMayra at @officialronnies. Her new album is a must-hear. http://t.co/TKpVymvBrj 16 hours ago
- @davekelbie Would have loved to, Dave, but I'm at Ronnies for @MusicMayra. Great set on Saturday! 17 hours ago
- RT @HistoricalPics: Fidel Castro at the Lincoln Memorial http://t.co/EKEOaNt7Uo 20 hours ago
- RT @tejucole: Movie idea: Liam Neeson goes after everyone who links to a "must read" article that isn't. 21 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2012
She’s great company, but we’re in danger of running out of mince pies.
Back in the land of the living after a seasonal bug, I find myself on John Rentoul’s list of his favourite 100 Tweeters.
Boxing Day op-eds are usually a no-go, but George Monbiot’s account of a conversation in an A&E department could almost be a short story: I racked my brain for another gambit, then inspiration struck. “Do you have any dogs?” The … Continue reading
His magical centenary celebration of arranger Gil Evans, a triumph for the fan-funded ArtistShare label. My Sunday Times albums of the year.
Le Monde’s art blogger, Lunettes Rouges, reflects on the architect’s attempt to drum up business in 1930s Italy. [English translation here.] Addis Ababa seems to have had a lucky escape. (As did Algiers, by the look of it.)
Courtesy of the Washington Post: More Americans die every year from gun suicides than gun homicides. In 2009, for example, almost 11,500 Americans were killed by someone else with a gun, according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, … Continue reading
From the glorious compilation “Bossa Nova: La Sainte Trinité,” a trip back in time to the dawn of Brazil’s cool school. My Sunday Times round-up of albums of the year is here.
The poor guy wins something at last: In giving Mr. Romney the nod, Time said that he beat out such other candidates for Man of the Year 1912 as Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and Edward Smith, … Continue reading
The guys at The Onion have obviously been spending too much time hanging out with beret-wearing critics. Blossom Dearie still has the last laugh though.