- Forward planning #fail. RT @mental_floss: "Best law school rejection letter ever." http://t.co/fAmfsnS80n Via @JustinOnWeb @LettersOfNote 2 hours ago
- "Why not consider another explanation for Russia’s conduct." A contrarian vw of Putin in the Indy: independent.co.uk/voices/comment… via @_RichardHall 2 hours ago
- @chrisdeerin Looks like your avatar has been moonlighting. Hope you're getting a percentage. #TigerWhoCameToTea http://t.co/kmN1UxvVuC 3 hours ago
- RT @GERArmyResearch: Certainly not the best choice of design @almurray #fail http://t.co/F2ogTd941E 3 hours ago
- RT @WadeyLady001: @TheShardLondon Hello, Shard. Caught you gobbling up the moon this afternoon.... http://t.co/RUlmzHFwY5 15 hours ago
- RT @SpencerCookham: Virtual preview of exhibition Paradise Regained: Stanley Spencer in the Aftermath of WW1, more to follow! Opens Apr 2 h… 15 hours ago
- Verdun memorial from @sommecourt's tour of the #WW1 battlefields: http://t.co/ygy5jWYZiC 16 hours ago
- RT @AstroKarenN: Was struck by how much bigger Moon appears when viewed through atmosphere from surface of Earth than from ISS in LEO. http… 16 hours ago
- RT @Amazing_Maps: Monaco compared to Newark Airport - http://t.co/T3cgTzlFRh 17 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2012
She’s great company, but we’re in danger of running out of mince pies.
Back in the land of the living after a seasonal bug, I find myself on John Rentoul’s list of his favourite 100 Tweeters.
Boxing Day op-eds are usually a no-go, but George Monbiot’s account of a conversation in an A&E department could almost be a short story: I racked my brain for another gambit, then inspiration struck. “Do you have any dogs?” The … Continue reading
His magical centenary celebration of arranger Gil Evans, a triumph for the fan-funded ArtistShare label. My Sunday Times albums of the year.
Le Monde’s art blogger, Lunettes Rouges, reflects on the architect’s attempt to drum up business in 1930s Italy. [English translation here.] Addis Ababa seems to have had a lucky escape. (As did Algiers, by the look of it.)
Courtesy of the Washington Post: More Americans die every year from gun suicides than gun homicides. In 2009, for example, almost 11,500 Americans were killed by someone else with a gun, according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, … Continue reading
From the glorious compilation “Bossa Nova: La Sainte Trinité,” a trip back in time to the dawn of Brazil’s cool school. My Sunday Times round-up of albums of the year is here.
The poor guy wins something at last: In giving Mr. Romney the nod, Time said that he beat out such other candidates for Man of the Year 1912 as Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and Edward Smith, … Continue reading
The guys at The Onion have obviously been spending too much time hanging out with beret-wearing critics. Blossom Dearie still has the last laugh though.