- RT @GilesKristian: Oh I like this. In The Times today. http://t.co/IKV7qaKjPU 2 hours ago
- RT @radleybalko: #americanexceptionalism http://t.co/oZ9QUMbAVa 7 hours ago
- Graffiti on Serge Gainsbourg's house instagram.com/p/myKeaIhLP-/ Via @basementgalaxy @33_melody Weird to think he would have been 86 this month. 7 hours ago
- Cadillac vs Ford, two ads, two Americas: theatlantic.com/business/archi… @TheAtlantic 9 hours ago
- RT @FeargusOSull: "Let’s go shopping Caribbean-style!" Pathe colour Newsreel of Brixton Market in 1961. Via @JustinienT https://t.co/IUGHzM… 12 hours ago
- Brilliant. At last, some techno music I don't hate.... #bennyhillrules youtube.com/watch?v=8pQAWO… via @PicksAndFlicks 12 hours ago
- RT @AndrewMaleMojo: "My wife left me again. She's a tennis player. Love means nothing to her." Bob Dylan's brazenly crap on-stage jokes ht… 13 hours ago
- RT @owenbarder: #QTWTAIN @JohnRentoul RT @BBCRadio4: Could the creator of Grand Theft Auto be the modern Charles Dickens? http://t.co/E86Dp… 14 hours ago
- @chrisdeerin & then there were the dung heaps. Not many of those in Victorian novels! Cf @christianwolmar's Tube bk. http://t.co/C3nEIbsINH 14 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2012
She’s great company, but we’re in danger of running out of mince pies.
Back in the land of the living after a seasonal bug, I find myself on John Rentoul’s list of his favourite 100 Tweeters.
Boxing Day op-eds are usually a no-go, but George Monbiot’s account of a conversation in an A&E department could almost be a short story: I racked my brain for another gambit, then inspiration struck. “Do you have any dogs?” The … Continue reading
His magical centenary celebration of arranger Gil Evans, a triumph for the fan-funded ArtistShare label. My Sunday Times albums of the year.
Le Monde’s art blogger, Lunettes Rouges, reflects on the architect’s attempt to drum up business in 1930s Italy. [English translation here.] Addis Ababa seems to have had a lucky escape. (As did Algiers, by the look of it.)
Courtesy of the Washington Post: More Americans die every year from gun suicides than gun homicides. In 2009, for example, almost 11,500 Americans were killed by someone else with a gun, according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, … Continue reading
From the glorious compilation “Bossa Nova: La Sainte Trinité,” a trip back in time to the dawn of Brazil’s cool school. My Sunday Times round-up of albums of the year is here.
The poor guy wins something at last: In giving Mr. Romney the nod, Time said that he beat out such other candidates for Man of the Year 1912 as Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and Edward Smith, … Continue reading
The guys at The Onion have obviously been spending too much time hanging out with beret-wearing critics. Blossom Dearie still has the last laugh though.