- Cool singer at a cool French festival: youtube.com/curtisstigers bb @curtisstigers @Jazz_in_Marciac 4 hours ago
- RT @AntiqueFootball: Fans watching West Ham play Hereford in an FA Cup replay at Upton Park in 1972 http://t.co/5ji7M4IQ81 5 hours ago
- RT @tobyharnden: The perils of Twitter. Anything you tweet may be used against you in the court of public opinion. Forever. http://t.co/Iyb… 8 hours ago
- Sportsnight with Coleman...Part of my childhood just disappeared. #davidcoleman RIP youtube.com/watch?v=7E7_Kk… 9 hours ago
- RT @DJSkelton: Terribly sad that David Coleman has died. Truly the voice of so many great sporting moments. 9 hours ago
- "I would have hated Stephen Ward if I hadn’t been so numbed by boredom." @theartsdesk reviews the new Lloyd Webber: theartsdesk.com/theatre/stephe… 11 hours ago
- RT @Pandamoanimum: I think I've been laughing at this photo for close on to two weeks now. (via @BuzzFeed) http://t.co/PUSXKqy8Tw 11 hours ago
- RT @wigmore_hall: RT @TomPhillipsArt: For tiny items on your xmas lists, At last the Britten 50 pence exists! #britten100 http://t.co/wX7IP… 11 hours ago
- @HistoryNeedsYou @RichardNJames @AveburyNT In a way I'm glad it's not as famous as Stonehenge. Always peaceful when I've been there. 11 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2012
She’s great company, but we’re in danger of running out of mince pies.
Back in the land of the living after a seasonal bug, I find myself on John Rentoul’s list of his favourite 100 Tweeters.
Boxing Day op-eds are usually a no-go, but George Monbiot’s account of a conversation in an A&E department could almost be a short story: I racked my brain for another gambit, then inspiration struck. “Do you have any dogs?” The … Continue reading
His magical centenary celebration of arranger Gil Evans, a triumph for the fan-funded ArtistShare label. My Sunday Times albums of the year.
Le Monde’s art blogger, Lunettes Rouges, reflects on the architect’s attempt to drum up business in 1930s Italy. [English translation here.] Addis Ababa seems to have had a lucky escape. (As did Algiers, by the look of it.)
Courtesy of the Washington Post: More Americans die every year from gun suicides than gun homicides. In 2009, for example, almost 11,500 Americans were killed by someone else with a gun, according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, … Continue reading
From the glorious compilation “Bossa Nova: La Sainte Trinité,” a trip back in time to the dawn of Brazil’s cool school. My Sunday Times round-up of albums of the year is here.
The poor guy wins something at last: In giving Mr. Romney the nod, Time said that he beat out such other candidates for Man of the Year 1912 as Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and Edward Smith, … Continue reading
The guys at The Onion have obviously been spending too much time hanging out with beret-wearing critics. Blossom Dearie still has the last laugh though.