- Kim Il Sung Square, Pyongyang. nbcnews.to/1eujF5u Image by @dguttenfelder/@AP_Images @NBCNewsPictures http://t.co/OElW5UD86a 6 hours ago
- "Jazz used to be pop." @curtisstigers dips into his new songs for swingin' lovers. fb.me/26gbTylYT Via @poedavid 7 hours ago
- @ABroadBrush Thanks! 7 hours ago
- Spanish legionnaires in an Easter procession, Malaga. By John Nazca/Reuters. Via @ftphotodiary @reuterspictures http://t.co/kEwMiXD2NN 17 hours ago
- RT @photojournalism: Incredible sequence by Arash Khamooshi of Iranian killer’s life spared moments before hanging ti.me/Qh9ma4 h… 17 hours ago
- Wonder how much I could get for this in Hoxton? #notahipsterbag http://t.co/CjLu9cekjh 19 hours ago
- RT @JamesManning4: More bank holidays, please. This is normally heaving: http://t.co/qcc0cUAd9v 20 hours ago
- RT @GilesKristian: Oh I like this. In The Times today. http://t.co/IKV7qaKjPU 1 day ago
- RT @radleybalko: #americanexceptionalism http://t.co/oZ9QUMbAVa 1 day ago
Author Archives: clivedav184z
Piccadilly, c 1900. [Via @skintlondon @theretronaut]
“Nice to be here. One of my early girlfriends was from Milwaukee. She was an artist. She gave me the brush-off.” And lots more of that ilk from the man himself. You see, everything turns up on the Internet sooner or later. … Continue reading
We made the film and went off to preview it in St Louis. As much as I loved the comedy in the movie, my favourite moment was when Bernadette Peters and I sang a simple song on a beach, … Continue reading
I try to avoid the I-word wherever possible, but sometimes it’s the only one that fits… Marcello Mastroianni graces this year’s Cannes Film Festival poster.
My Sunday Times feature [£] on how Curtis Stigers, pop pin-up of yesteryear, has confounded the cynics and reinvented himself as one of the best jazzers around: Over the past half-century, jazz has slowly turned itself into art music, which … Continue reading
“Ilha de Santiago” from Mayra Andrade’s new release “Lovely Difficult”, my Sunday Times album of the week [£]. “The island of Santiago/Has a cotton corset/A rope-tied cotton skirt/A pair of spinning top ear-rings…”
I firmly believe that it is impossible to speak about music. There have been many definitions of music which have, in fact, merely described a subjective reaction to it. The only really precise and objective definition for me is by … Continue reading
Via Comically Vintage.
Good piece by Saul Austerlitz on music critics who have lost their nerve: I spend most of my time, professionally speaking, writing about movies and books, and during quiet moments, I like to entertain myself by imagining what might happen if … Continue reading
The opening track of one of the most stylish releases of the year so far. He’s playing the La Linea festival on Sunday.