- RT @TeleMusicNews: The day I heard Johnny Cash play at Folsom Prison. ow.ly/rHOny #music #johnnycash @thejohnnycash 14 hours ago
- Calypsonians @kobotown, No 3 in my #worldmusic CDs of the year: youtube.com/watch?v=ZthZSX… Via @Cumbancha. Full list: clivedavis.net/2013/12/08/wor… 15 hours ago
- RT @LondonJazzFest: Look who scored the No.1 spot for jazz in @ST_Culture's record chart - Ahmad Jamal @AJPrecords bit.ly/100bst h… 15 hours ago
- RT @hughlaurie: Late night ads so beautifully guileless. Tired of heavy things? Use light things. Frustrated by hard? Try easy. Can't sleep… 22 hours ago
- RT @muirkate: The Desperation of Smaug: Hobbit poster with tweets from fans who haven't yet seen the film! Via @olivia_solon: http://t.co/0… 22 hours ago
- RT @stvharry: London fog from the Shard - like a scene from The Day After Tomorrow - http://t.co/edPeQqZAMT 1 day ago
- RT @EveryCanCounts: The energy saved by recycling one drinks can will run a set of Christmas tree lights for 2 hours! #cannyfact http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @bailsbails: Fantastic pic of the #foggylondon skyline from the officers and crew of @MPSinthesky #fog http://t.co/WEqFYCyPW3 1 day ago
- What old-fashioned London fog felt like... Crawling along near Big Ben in The Forsyte Saga. http://t.co/zC0Rs4Cev6 1 day ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
There was never any chance that I would be “smitten” by the visual impact of the colleges, the Gothic presence of King’s chapel, the beauty of the Backs. I went on having my hair cut at the same barbers, I … Continue reading
It was the period when Western sympathisers arrived at Soviet ports by the boatload, and embarked on the return journey with their heads stuffed with propaganda. The slump at home quickened the tide… Almost without exception, they were astonishingly gullible. … Continue reading
I’m still in a state of mild euphoria four days after that breathtaking show by Paolo Conte. Here’s another song he didn’t play on the night, although I have seen him perform it a couple of times in the … Continue reading
I have a feature on those multilingual lounge wizards, Pink Martini, in the Sunday Times [£]. Here’s one of the new additions to their repertoire, sung by the wonderfully named Storm Large (former stalwart of a band called The Balls).
Ringo Starr’s shot of Eric Sykes on the set of ”A Hard Day’s Night”. From a Mojo article on the Beatles drummer’s sideline as a photographer.
Just in case anyone still harbours illusions about the business of getting words down on paper, I recommend Rod Dreher’s long but utterly absorbing post. Key sentence: This is why writers drink: because they desperately need to get out of … Continue reading
So Oliver Stone isn’t the only film director to rewrite history in his own image. That’s one lesson to come out of Prospect’s Q&A with Eric Schlosser, author of “Command and Control”. (“A beautifully written and utterly terrifying account of … Continue reading
Sunshine. Slight mist. Perfect start to the day.
He was only 52. Far too young. Luckily, Nathaniel is immortal.